Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vince Young

Go down 
+6
Steve Smith #12
PatsNats09
Touchdown Jesus
Ocho Cinco
Harper41
greenway_4_sho
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Agree with who
Harper41
Vince Young - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Vince Young - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Yan
Vince Young - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Vince Young - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

Vince Young - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 12:32 pm

Yan wrote:
Yeah, Tarvaris Jackson isnt a scrambler, he can run fast, but cant scramble.

Thats really what I ment, speedy and can run.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 12:34 pm

Oh yeah. I never said this. Yan, you think VY will start next year? Aslong as Kerry Collins stays alive and wins games, he will start. He has been pretty good throwing the ball, taking the game and running with it. Plus aren't they going to resign Collins and Simms?
Back to top Go down
greenway_4_sho

greenway_4_sho

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 4:43 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:
Oh yeah. I never said this. Yan, you think VY will start next year? Aslong as Kerry Collins stays alive and wins games, he will start. He has been pretty good throwing the ball, taking the game and running with it. Plus aren't they going to resign Collins and Simms?

They wont resign Collins.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yayanjl
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 5:41 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:
Simms is not the future anywhere, they have no real reason to resign simms. Collins is getting to be around Moses' age, the Titans are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, the two dont match up at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 8:54 pm

If I had a QB that can manage the game like Collins can and lead the team to a 11-1 record, I would be out to resign him no matter how old the fucker is.

Especially if the alternative wanted to take himself out of a game after getting demoralized over a mistake.

I don't know about you, but I don't want a guy like that as my QB.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 10:05 pm

Sean Weather Spoon wrote:
If I had a QB that can manage the game like Collins can and lead the team to a 11-1 record, I would be out to resign him no matter how old the fucker is.

Especially if the alternative wanted to take himself out of a game after getting demoralized over a mistake.

I don't know about you, but I don't want a guy like that as my QB.

Titans are 24th in passing, 5th in rushing and 5th in defense, Collins is not leading that team. The Titans right now are in a position to be a potential dynasty, theyve got a lot of young guys mid 20s going into their prime, so why kill it by banking on a QB whos 35?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 10:38 pm

Fuck, I meant to say manage instead of lead...

I never said sign Collins long term. Sign him for a year or two and make Young beat him. If Young can't do that, then he shouldn't be the starter.

I just don't agree with automatically giving the shaft to Collins and giving Young the team back, especially if Collins helps them get to the Super Bowl this year.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2008, 10:56 pm

Sean Weather Spoon wrote:
Fuck, I meant to say manage instead of lead...

I never said sign Collins long term. Sign him for a year or two and make Young beat him. If Young can't do that, then he shouldn't be the starter.

I just don't agree with automatically giving the shaft to Collins and giving Young the team back, especially if Collins helps them get to the Super Bowl this year.

Thats what im saying, people (mk) assume Vince Young is completely ruled out. I think hes even got a shot at starting next year if he can devote time in the offseason and gets in some 1-1 with Collins. If he does Collins is a null point, otherwise Collins needs not be signed for more than 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 1:11 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Simms is not the future anywhere, they have no real reason to resign simms. Collins is getting to be around Moses' age, the Titans are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, the two dont match up at all.

rotoworld.com wrote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Titans are "determined" to keep Kerry Collins and Chris Simms around in 2009.

Both quarterbacks are in contract years. This isn't a show of faith in Vince Young, not that V.Y. has given Tennessee any reason to count on him. Mort says that if Collins leads the Titans into the playoffs, which is highly likely considering they're already 10-0, the club is willing to pay him starter money. Collins is making $1.75 million this season.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 3:50 pm

really
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 3:56 pm

Are you a legitimate special needs child?
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 4:11 pm

Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

rotoworld.com wrote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Titans are "determined" to keep Kerry Collins and Chris Simms around in 2009.

Both quarterbacks are in contract years. This isn't a show of faith in Vince Young, not that V.Y. has given Tennessee any reason to count on him. Mort says that if Collins leads the Titans into the playoffs, which is highly likely considering they're already 10-0, the club is willing to pay him starter money. Collins is making $1.75 million this season.

Im aware ive read it, it doesnt say anything about simms though

maybe you should read the last post I made before you say something which doesnt really conflict with what I said
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 5:04 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:

maybe you should read the last post I made before you say something which doesnt really conflict with what I said

It says that they're determined to keep him around for next year? Or did I read a phantom statement?

I read your last post, it doesn't change your comment that the Titans' "young team" and Collins don't match. Obviously they do, as the Titans are determined to keep him around and pay him starter money if he continues to play the way he has.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Collins is getting to be around Moses' age, the Titans are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, the two dont match up at all.

What I was referring to ^^
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 5:20 pm

Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

It says that they're determined to keep him around for next year? Or did I read a phantom statement?

I read your last post, it doesn't change your comment that the Titans' "young team" and Collins don't match. Obviously they do, as the Titans are determined to keep him around and pay him starter money if he continues to play the way he has.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Collins is getting to be around Moses' age, the Titans are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, the two dont match up at all.

What I was referring to ^^

glad you've got that holiday spirit

thats the title of the thread, didnt say anything about simms in the brief outline thing

I said that collins isnt the right fit for their team, not that they wont resign him, what im getting at is that VY still has a bit of a chance to start next year if he can put some serious time into treating his attitude and gameplay, but holding onto a 35 year old Quarterback isnt going to help a potential dynasty. Titans need to find someone to replace him this year or next and I think VY still can do that, but clinging to Collins is not gonna be great down the road, IMO Collins is just a Jamarcus Russell who can manage the game.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 5:31 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I said that collins isnt the right fit for their team, not that they wont resign him, what im getting at is that VY still has a bit of a chance to start next year if he can put some serious time into treating his attitude and gameplay, but holding onto a 35 year old Quarterback isnt going to help a potential dynasty. Titans need to find someone to replace him this year or next and I think VY still can do that, but clinging to Collins is not gonna be great down the road, IMO Collins is just a Jamarcus Russell who can manage the game.

I was simply addressing your comment that Collins and the Titans do not match. As the Titans are "determined" to re-sign him and at starter money, I think the contrary is the more accurate vision.

If you want my opinion on the rest; Vince Young is not a good quarterback. He can scramble and make some plays with his legs, but he is not a quarterback. He's an athelete. When it comes down to a 3rd and 10 in a big situation, he cannot make the big throw because he is not a good quarterback. A 10 yard scramble will not always be there, which is why he'll never be considered a top QB. Yes he's younger than Collins, and was drafted earlier and is/was more highly touted, but Collins is a better quarterback. He's better suited to manage the game for his team and allow them to win games as a whole.

The Titans need a QB for the future, and it may very well be Vince Young. But they'll never be as successful or reach their max potential with him as they can without him. With Collins still playing at a high level and some decent QBs hitting the FA market, they might as well roll the dice on a street FA, re-sign Collins, and let Simms backup (he's a high quality backup QB, by the way).
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 5:43 pm

Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I was simply addressing your comment that Collins and the Titans do not match. As the Titans are "determined" to re-sign him and at starter money, I think the contrary is the more accurate vision.

If you want my opinion on the rest; Vince Young is not a good quarterback. He can scramble and make some plays with his legs, but he is not a quarterback. He's an athelete. When it comes down to a 3rd and 10 in a big situation, he cannot make the big throw because he is not a good quarterback. A 10 yard scramble will not always be there, which is why he'll never be considered a top QB. Yes he's younger than Collins, and was drafted earlier and is/was more highly touted, but Collins is a better quarterback. He's better suited to manage the game for his team and allow them to win games as a whole.

The Titans need a QB for the future, and it may very well be Vince Young. But they'll never be as successful or reach their max potential with him as they can without him. With Collins still playing at a high level and some decent QBs hitting the FA market, they might as well roll the dice on a street FA, re-sign Collins, and let Simms backup (he's a high quality backup QB, by the way).

I dont think you're getting where im coming from here

That IS what Im saying, VY isnt down and out yet, mk has been going around saying hes DONE which is what I have been disagreeing with this whole time. Vince Young is a quarterback who can still win games but not the conventional way, he'll learn how to manage the game a bit better with experience, he should have been taking notes all year based on what Collins has been doing. And like I said, if he can put in some work he can be the QB that the Titans need.
Back to top Go down
greenway_4_sho

greenway_4_sho

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 5:58 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I dont think you're getting where im coming from here

That IS what Im saying, VY isnt down and out yet, mk has been going around saying hes DONE which is what I have been disagreeing with this whole time. Vince Young is a quarterback who can still win games but not the conventional way, he'll learn how to manage the game a bit better with experience, he should have been taking notes all year based on what Collins has been doing. And like I said, if he can put in some work he can be the QB that the Titans need.

Well put.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 6:00 pm

Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

the titans might be a young team and collins is old. and they dont match. But the titans need collins. They need a veteran on there team that can lead them. Collins is the most eperienced player on the team and they are right to have him starting over VY.
Back to top Go down
greenway_4_sho

greenway_4_sho

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 6:01 pm

imevil wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

the titans might be a young team and collins is old. and they dont match. But the titans need collins. They need a veteran on there team that can lead them. Collins is the most eperienced player on the team and they are right to have him starting over VY.

Collins is old. Collins is no different than Gus Frerotte. Collins isn't a great QB, average AT BEST. He is a game manager. If VY was a game manager they'd be no different than they are now.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 6:08 pm

Yan wrote:
imevil wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Collins is old. Collins is no different than Gus Frerotte. Collins isn't a great QB, average AT BEST. He is a game manager. If VY was a game manager they'd be no different than they are now.
Collins is much better than average. Average is someone like, lets say, Jake Dellhome. Hes your average QB. has 60% good games and 40% bad. Collins on the other hand has 80% good and 20% bad
VY is a QB that was good in college, but lost it in the NFL. He waits ay to long to throw the ball and either gets it knoked away or intercepted. They'd be about 8-4 with VY
Back to top Go down
greenway_4_sho

greenway_4_sho

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 7:01 pm

imevil wrote:
Yan wrote:
imevil wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Collins is much better than average. Average is someone like, lets say, Jake Dellhome. Hes your average QB. has 60% good games and 40% bad. Collins on the other hand has 80% good and 20% bad
VY is a QB that was good in college, but lost it in the NFL. He waits ay to long to throw the ball and either gets it knoked away or intercepted. They'd be about 8-4 with VY

8-4 is still winnin the division, and you cant just assume. And plus, Delhomme is WAY better than Collins ever was. (Yes I was wrong in the first quote, I looked at stats)
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2008, 8:47 pm

Vince Young is not an NFL quarterback. That is the end of my involvement in this conversation.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 5:29 pm

Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Vince Young is not an NFL quarterback. That is the end of my involvement in this conversation.
VY is an NFL quarterback. its just that hes not a good enough quarterback to lead a team to the record of 11-1. Hes also not as good as about 3/4 of the Qb's Yan listed. Thing is for Tennesse, they could thrive without a QB, there a running/defensive team.
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 5:34 pm

imevil wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
VY is an NFL quarterback. its just that hes not a good enough quarterback to lead a team to the record of 11-1. Hes also not as good as about 3/4 of the Qb's Yan listed. Thing is for Tennesse, they could thrive without a QB, there a running/defensive team.
Thats what I was arguing, I dont think people understand what I was arguing with Yan, this didnt get posted because I think VYs career is over I had him post it because I dont think VY is better than most of the QBs he listed.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 5:40 pm

Harper41 wrote:
imevil wrote:
Giovanni Carmazzi wrote:
Thats what I was arguing, I dont think people understand what I was arguing with Yan, this didnt get posted because I think VYs career is over I had him post it because I dont think VY is better than most of the QBs he listed.
exactlly why i voted for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Young   Vince Young - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Young
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next