Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ok Cassell bidding is on

Go down 
+9
PatsNats09
Desert Demon
daking5
Ocho Cinco
eight2eighty
Touchdown Jesus
SimsZilla
Harper41
OGiant23
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 1:07 am

Well this year his arm is getting 8-12 months off...
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 9:05 am

Not necessarily...He still has intense workouts probably more so than during a normal regular season.
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 1:03 pm

Yeah but not throwing workouts.... and also, the workouts don't make up for getting hit by those linebackers and defensive ends.
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 6:15 pm

getting sacked isnt the QB's fault. its the o-line
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 6:19 pm

imevil wrote:
getting sacked isnt the QB's fault. its the o-line

I really dont think thats the issue at hand
Back to top Go down
Straight Cash

Straight Cash

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 6:37 pm

MK bradys not a moble QB he's going to be fine. His ability to avoid pressure is going to continue to help him. I see Brady playing a good 5-6 more years at least, and we drafted O'Connell for a reason. We don't need to keep Cassel.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 7:00 pm

Harper41 wrote:
36? Thats a little extreme, not many players make it to 36...

lawl, and franchise QBs retire when theyre 33?
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 9:10 pm

TDJ read this

SoxNats08 wrote:
Tom Brady doesn't have too much wear, he was never one to get sacked a lot. And quite a few QBs go past 35... Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins are just 3 of em that are successful right now, but I can give you a lot more examples if you want.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2008, 9:11 pm

imevil wrote:
TDJ read this

SoxNats08 wrote:
Tom Brady doesn't have too much wear, he was never one to get sacked a lot. And quite a few QBs go past 35... Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins are just 3 of em that are successful right now, but I can give you a lot more examples if you want.

theyre talking about physical effects of getting sacked, not whos fault it is for why he got sacked
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 11:47 am

Im sorry but O'Connel is not the Patriots future at QB, hes a HUGE project. I doubt hes ever anything more than a 3rd string QB.
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 11:48 am

Also, Brady may not retire but hell start to slow down like most other QBs.
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 5:15 pm

Harper41 wrote:
Im sorry but O'Connel is not the Patriots future at QB, hes a HUGE project. I doubt hes ever anything more than a 3rd string QB.

Laughing You know very little about the Patriots. O'Connell has better physical skills than Cassel, he probably would have been the starter for the rest of the season except Cassel is more familiar with the playbook. He's not a project at all, he started in college (unlike Cassel), and was one of the most experienced QBs in the draft.

BTW people said the same thing of Cassel.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 5:49 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Laughing You know very little about the Patriots. O'Connell has better physical skills than Cassel, he probably would have been the starter for the rest of the season except Cassel is more familiar with the playbook. He's not a project at all, he started in college (unlike Cassel), and was one of the most experienced QBs in the draft.

I wouldn't be surprized if he knows this, just hes downgrading like he always does.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 5:51 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:

I wouldn't be surprized if he knows this, just hes downgrading like he always does.

I wouldn't be surprised if you failed English
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 5:52 pm

I got A's in all my English classes, thank you. pig
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 5:56 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:
I got A's in all my English classes, thank you. pig

could have fooled me
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #12

Steve Smith #12

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 6:27 pm

Yeah, I don't believe Travis, unless he's in special ed.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 6:29 pm

I take school differently then football web sites, if you didn't know.

study
Back to top Go down
imevil

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 6:54 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:

study
same with me. but you punks wont get off of my case
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 7:33 pm

imevil wrote:
Mr.Showtime wrote:

study
same with me. but you punks wont get off of my case

Because you make the dumbest mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 9:47 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Physical skills dont equal success, O'Connell is a project, he has pretty bad accuracy, all he has over Cassel is his speed to be honest and maybe his arm.
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 10:01 pm

Harper41 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Physical skills dont equal success, O'Connell is a project, he has pretty bad accuracy, all he has over Cassel is his speed to be honest and maybe his arm.

I didn't say they equaled success. Where do you get that he has pretty bad accuracy? Cassel has better accuracy than he does in the short ball, but he doesn't have "bad" accuracy. He has a better overall arm than Cassel (he can make all the throws), he does have better speed than Cassel, which you admitted to. If they had the same knowledge of the system, I bet you O'Connell starts over Cassel. He's not a project, he could play decently if thrown in the fire right now.
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 10:14 pm

O'Connel is a project, reason they drafted him, he has potential but AT THIS MOMENT hes a pretty terrible QB, he had a chance to prove himself in preseason and he played pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 10:40 pm

Harper41 wrote:
O'Connel is a project, reason they drafted him, he has potential but AT THIS MOMENT hes a pretty terrible QB, he had a chance to prove himself in preseason and he played pretty awful.

O'Connell had a QB rating of 46.9 in the preseason. Cassel's was 55.9. Factoring that Cassel got more reps and had more time to be consistent, I'd say Cassel slightly outplayed him in the preseason. True, neither played well, but look at Cassel now versus then. O'Connell would have a similar level of growth.
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 EmptyDecember 19th 2008, 10:45 pm

You can look at it the other way as well...Less playing time means inflated stats. O'Connell IS a project who will not be ready to start for an NFL team for atleast 2 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok Cassell bidding is on   Ok Cassell bidding is on - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok Cassell bidding is on
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next