Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton equals award record

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton equals award record Empty
PostSubject: Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton equals award record   Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton equals award record EmptyNovember 4th 2011, 8:03 am

Linfield's Albert Watson challenges Gary Hamilton of Glentoran in a recent league game Linfield's Albert Watson challenges Gary Hamilton in a recent league game

Glentoran's Gary Hamilton has equalled the record for the number of player of the month awards in the Irish League.

Striker Hamilton, whose five goals in six games helped him win the October prize, is now level on seven with former Linfield striker Glenn Ferguson.

The Glens won all four of their Premiership games and added wins in the League Cup and County Antrim Shield.

Hamilton has been praised by boss Scott Young for his displays since returning from a loan spell at Glenavon.

But the player himself was quick to highlight the contributions of his Oval team-mates.

"It is nice to get some credit after a good month, but I couldn't have done it without the rest of the players," said the former Northern Ireland international.

"As a centre-forward, I am the one who gets the goals and the one who gets the headlines, but two or three other Glentoran players had months just as good as mine.

"Jimmy Callacher has moved into centre-back where he has been superb. Stephen Carson wasn't himself at the start of the season, but for me he is the best player in the league right now.

"The whole team has done well and we have had a good run of form and hopefully we can push on."

Ballymena United's Gary McCutcheon was second and Aaron Burns of Linfield third in the monthly award poll run by the Northern Ireland Football Writers' Association.

pool patio furniture
badoo fr
Back to top Go down

Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton equals award record
Page 1 of 1