Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It is true that the circumstance did not admit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jukido

It is true that the circumstance did not admit Empty
PostSubject: It is true that the circumstance did not admit   It is true that the circumstance did not admit EmptyNovember 3rd 2011, 12:28 pm

It is true that the circumstance did not admit of any striking illustration of those powers for which my friend was famous, but there were some points about the case which made it stand out in those long records of crime from which I gather the material for these little narratives.

On referring to my notebook for the year 1895, I find that it was upon Saturday, the 23rd of April, that we first heard of Miss Violet Smith. Her visit was, I remember, extremely unwelcome to Holmes, for he was immersed at the moment in a very abstruse and complicated problem concerning the peculiar persecution to which John Vincent Harden, the well known tobacco millionaire, had been subjected. My friend, who loved above all things precision and concentration of thought, resented anything which distracted his attention from the matter in hand
ritestart women
tabbies
Back to top Go down

It is true that the circumstance did not admit
Page 1 of 1