Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ow to Make a Teriyaki Marinade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sangbmt

ow to Make a Teriyaki Marinade Empty
PostSubject: ow to Make a Teriyaki Marinade   ow to Make a Teriyaki Marinade EmptyMarch 5th 2011, 5:22 am

To start with, what is teriyaki? Teriyaki is a Japanese cooking style in which ingredients are broiled or roasted in a sweet marinade, usually a soy sauce marinade. Japanese foods with teriyaki are largely fish ingredients, while in America meats like chicken and beef are often marinated with teriyaki. The word breaks down into two parts, tari- the sugary shine given off, and yaki- the grilling or broiling cooking method.

There are many different ingredients available to use when making your marinade. I'll give you an idea of what to use and it's up to you to perfect it for your tastes. Remember, cooking is all about experimenting and tweaking recipes the way you like it, so have fun. One more brief note, a marinade for our discussion is not the same as a sauce. A marinade is used for immersing our pre-cooked foods in, while a sauce compliments our food after it's cooked. Here is a list of ingredients to consider using. I've seen teriyaki marinades with only two ingredients, so don't fret if you don't want to include many of these. Soy sauce, sugar or brown sugar, garlic cloves, sesame seeds, pineapple juice, ginger, whiskey, orange juice, garlic powder, lemon juice, red or white wine, vegetable oil, honey, dry mustard, mirin, gingerroot. I'm a fan of sweeter teriyaki marinades so for this example I'll use 1/4 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 minced clove of garlic, and 2 tbsp white wine. This is a sweeter marinade that would taste good on chicken.

cleansing of the colon
Julistekehykset ja mainoskehykset 24h toimitusajalla
Back to top Go down

ow to Make a Teriyaki Marinade
Page 1 of 1