Madden 10 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seymour in Oakland

Go down 
+2
PatsNats09
Touchdown Jesus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 6:54 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=150233&id=1134

I thought Richard Seymour would be worth more to the Pats than a first round pick 2 years away
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 7:11 pm

a ton of it has to do with his contract. He's on a one year deL and we have to resign wilfork and mankins as well. He's also 30 and will want a huge deal.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 7:28 pm

well lucky for him hes on the raiders now, we're notorious for giving out long ridiculous contracts

and im sure you guys could manage it anyway, isnt 2010 uncapped?
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 9:54 pm

depends on if there's a new CBA or not
Back to top Go down
AllMadden08

AllMadden08

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 12:13 am

The Pats just acquired a top-10 pick for a 30 year old on a 1-year contract. Yes he's a very good player and I'm surprised the Pats traded him, but after they acquired Burgess they had the ability to pull off a trade like this.
Back to top Go down
RAWR
Hatputs
RAWR

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 12:39 am

The thing is that I don't expect Oakland to be picking in the top ten in 2011.... MAYBE
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:13 am

AllMadden08 wrote:
The Pats just acquired a top-10 pick for a 30 year old on a 1-year contract. Yes he's a very good player and I'm surprised the Pats traded him, but after they acquired Burgess they had the ability to pull off a trade like this.

when I saw he was traded I was shocked, Seymours the last player I thought the Pats would trade. Watch him go down 10 points in the next madden update though. I thought the trade worked helped us big time, it isnt like we were gonna draft anyone good with the pick anyway.

Burgess wouldnt work for them at DE unless they plan on switching to a 4-3
Back to top Go down
PatsNats09
Admin
PatsNats09

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 10:21 am

Pats do plan on switching to a 43. Look at the league now; about a dozen teams run a 34. There aren't that many 34 players out there, and with the Pats picking towards the end of the draft, it's harder to find those guys. 34 looks will still be in there, but the 43 is the main base now.

And apparently the Pats traded for a 2011 pick because it's very likely that there will be a new drafting scale for rookie salaries (per Schefter).
Back to top Go down
Harper41
Admin
Harper41

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 10:50 am

Love the trade for the Patriots, stupid trade for the Raiders.
1. They now have 2 UTs and STILL no NT. Unless they plan on having Seymour gain a hefty amount of weight he wont be an effective NT.
2. They wont be in contention in 2 years when Seymour starts declining which is why this trade makes no sence to me...
3. At the pace that Al Davis is destroying the Raiders franchise it wouldnt shock me if that pick was top 5.

Now if the Raiders become contenders and win the superbowl in 2011 and the Patriots D-Line is absolutely dreadful this year than yeah dumb trade for the Patriots, but as of right now it looks like the Patriots once again robbed the Raiders.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Showtime

Mr.Showtime

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:41 pm

lol Rotoworld says he isnt happy about it all.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:50 pm

Harper41 wrote:
Love the trade for the Patriots, stupid trade for the Raiders.
1. They now have 2 UTs and STILL no NT. Unless they plan on having Seymour gain a hefty amount of weight he wont be an effective NT.
2. They wont be in contention in 2 years when Seymour starts declining which is why this trade makes no sence to me...
3. At the pace that Al Davis is destroying the Raiders franchise it wouldnt shock me if that pick was top 5.

Now if the Raiders become contenders and win the superbowl in 2011 and the Patriots D-Line is absolutely dreadful this year than yeah dumb trade for the Patriots, but as of right now it looks like the Patriots once again robbed the Raiders.

1. Raiders are using Seymour as a DE, hes to tall to play DT efficiently, he'd get pushed around every play. Surely you knew that.

2. He makes our team better and thats a step in the right direction. His addition also helps to address the teams biggest weakspot (bigger than our offense) and thats run D, youre assuming this team is just going to stay as it is for the next 2 years. Obviously other moves will be made, doubtful a lot will help our team as much as this one could but if we made 2 or 3 more trades like this, we'd contend for the division. That's likely not going to happen, but if we can improve maybe 4 positions by 2011 that pick could be somewhere in the middle of the draft. You cant disagree that this is a huge loss for the Patriots, and having to wait 2 years for the pick sucks; also, you cant really make a sure guess on how that pick will look by then, IF 2010 is uncapped you can bank on it that Al will start emptying his wallet on some elite FAs, this would be the year were a team could literally buy a title, I dont think we're going to win a title but a .500 record isnt out of the question for the 2010 season. Theres a lot of IFs to consider.

3. Al Davis is cenile, but this trade really improved the Raiders, at least it's good to know he still wants the team to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus
Admin
Touchdown Jesus

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:53 pm

Mr.Showtime wrote:
lol Rotoworld says he isnt happy about it all.

id be pissed if I was leaving a dynasty for a struggling franchise as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seymour in Oakland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seymour in Oakland   Seymour in Oakland Empty

Back to top Go down

Seymour in Oakland
Page 1 of 1